Innovative Power Solutions for Wireless Sensor Networks
How can wireless IIoT be self-sustainable?
This study is currently in progress and will conclude by the end of 2023.
Challenge and Motivation
- Wireless IIoT and wireless sensor networks (WSN) will shape the future of industry
- With the sole use of batteries, the maintenance to replace or charge is costly, hardly manageable, and incompatible with a sustainable IIoT
- Self-sustainable sensors and self-powered sensing would revolutionize computing and digitalization in industry
- Hands-on demonstrator showcasing innovative power solutions for wireless IIoT & WSN
- Current overview of innovative power solutions for wireless IIoT
- Design & development of a demonstrator including different power solutions and wireless IIoT systems
- Experimental study on the demonstrator to compare different power solutions and energy consumption of different sensor systems
- Analysis of current and future use cases with wireless sensors